1. Human Life:
We value life and dignity above all else. Therefore:
- We give first priority to situations that threaten life.
- We use force only when necessary.
- We treat all persons with courtesy and respect.
- We are compassionate and caring.
We believe integrity is the basis of community trust. Therefore:
- We are honest and truthful.
- We are consistent in our beliefs and actions.
- We hold ourselves to high standards of moral and ethical conduct.
- We are role models for the community.
We strive for personal and professional excellence. Therefore:
- We do our best.
- We seek adequate resources in staffing, facilities, equipment, training, salaries, and benefits.
- We recruit and hire the best people.
- We are receptive to new ideas, to change.
- We meet state-recognized law enforcement standards.
- We lead by example.
- We work toward realistic, mutually-agree-upon goals.
We believe that cooperation and teamwork will enable us to combine our diverse backgrounds, skills and styles to achieve common goals. Therefore:
- We work as a team.
- We strive to understand those who disagree with us.
- We seek the help and cooperation of others.
- We seek to resolve conflicts.
- We rely on community support and involvement.
- We share our responsibility to serve the citizens of Highland Heights, KY with many other agencies and organizations.